Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon August 16, 2004
Another Hyundai Supplier Comes to Alabama
By Alabama Public Radio
Selma, AL – Another tier one Hyundai supplier is coming to Alabama, and the operation will locate in the black belt. Lear/Kyungshin Sales and Engineering will move into a 100-thousand-square foot building in Selma's Craig Industrial Park. The company will supply wiring harnesses for Hyundai's Sonata and Santa Fe vehicles. Lear/Kyungshin will begin production next month, and Governor Bob Riley says the operation will create an initial 35 new jobs. He says it will eventually expand its work force to 180. There are 32 auto suppliers in Alabama who have ties to Hyundai's assembly plant in Montgomery.