Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Politics & Government
Sun January 6, 2013
Anniston Nears Completion of New Justice Center
Anniston's new $15 million justice center is scheduled for completion in mid-March.
The 57,500-square-foot building will include a jail, the police department and the municipal court. Police Chief Layton McGrady told The Anniston Star that the jail and the administrative and investigative divisions of the police department should move in late March or early April. The new justice center is named for Officer Justin Sollohub, who was killed in the line of duty in 2011.
Anniston's old police headquarters and jail will be razed for a parking lot once all divisions have moved to the new justice center.
Information from: The Anniston Star, http://www.annistonstar.com/
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.