Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
2010 Election Coverage
Tue November 2, 2010
Amendment 2 - Changing What It Takes To Get a Tax Passed
By Ryan Vasquez
Tuscaloosa, AL – Today is Election Day, and Alabama Public Radio will be with you tonight as the returns come in. We've been looking at the four constitutional amendments up for a vote, and we end with a look at Amendment Two. Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez talked with Shannon Bridgmon, an assistant professor of political science at the University of Alabama in Huntsville to break down Amendment Two. She explains it could make it easier to change local taxes to raise money for education.