Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Around the Nation
Wed September 12, 2012
Alaska Fisherman Rescued From Plastic Bin
Originally published on Wed September 12, 2012 8:28 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. When high waves flipped over Ryan Hunter Harris' fishing boat off the coast of Alaska, his crewmate got back to shore in a survival suit. Harris wasn't so lucky. He spent the next 26 hours adrift in a plastic bin used to store fish. Eventually, another fishing crew picked him up. Harris told Reuters he kept his spirits up singing songs, including "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and, of course, "Row, Row, Row Your Boat." It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.