Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Sat January 4, 2014
Ala.'s New Pre-Sale Process For Distinctive Tags
Alabama vehicle owners can now pre-order new distinctive license plate designs online.
State Revenue Commissioner Julie Magee says motorists who want to help an organization acquire the necessary number of pre-sales for a distinctive license plate no longer have to go to their county tag office. The new process allows motorists to go a website (https://precommit.mvtrip.alabama.gov ) and pre-order. The commissioner says the computer site will be easier and quicker for motorists.
Organizations proposing distinctive license plates must get them approved by a legislative committee. Then they must get either 250 or 1,000 pre-sale commitments within one year. The amount of commitments depends on the type of tag the organization wants. The state manufactures the tags once the pre-sale requirements are met.