Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Mon August 30, 2004
Alabamians Rank Conventions "Important"
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – A statewide survey has found more than half of Alabamians rank national political conventions as important. More than six out of 10 respondents in the Mobile Register-University of South Alabama poll say conventions are very or somewhat important. About six out of 10 also say they watched at least some of the Democratic National Convention in Boston last month...and plan to watch parts of the Republican national convention that starts today. The survey was conducted last week. It has responses from 400 adult state residents.