Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Tuscaloosa Boxer Deontay Wilder wins Heavyweight title
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
Mon August 30, 2004
Alabamians Rank Conventions "Important"
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – A statewide survey has found more than half of Alabamians rank national political conventions as important. More than six out of 10 respondents in the Mobile Register-University of South Alabama poll say conventions are very or somewhat important. About six out of 10 also say they watched at least some of the Democratic National Convention in Boston last month...and plan to watch parts of the Republican national convention that starts today. The survey was conducted last week. It has responses from 400 adult state residents.