Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Tue January 7, 2014
Alabama's New Congressman Taking Office
Alabama's newest member of Congress will take the oath of office Wednesday in Washington.
Republican Bradley Byrne of Fairhope will be sworn in to represent Alabama's 1st Congressional District. A spokesman for Byrne says the ceremony is scheduled for around 2 p.m. on the floor of the House of Representatives. Byrne is planning a reception later Wednesday with seafood from his Gulf coast district.
Byrne won a special election last month to replace Republican Jo Bonner, who resigned to work for the University of Alabama System.
1st District Election