Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tropical Storm Isaac
Wed August 29, 2012
Alabama's Gulf Coast Slowly Coming Back After Isaac
Southeast Alabama is slowly beginning to dry out after Isaac. Shops and stores along the Alabama gulf coast are re-opening for business. Alabama Power reported restoring power to most of Dauphin Island shortly before 5PM Wednesday. Isaac has been downgraded to a Tropical Storm, but has stalled over southeastern Louisiana dumping many inches of rain on the Gulf Coast.That means Alabama's Gulf Coast isn't quite out of the woods yet. The forecast calls for more rain in the Mobile area between now and Friday, and a bit drier over the weekend. Also a tornado watch has been put into effect for Baldwin, Mobile, and Washington Counties until midnight tonight.