Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri September 3, 2004
Alabama Will Keep Florida Horses
By Alabama Public Radio
Dothan, AL – Horses are being evacuated from Florida, and they need somewhere to go. Florida horse owners are being told there's no more room in Georgia, so the Alabama Cooperative Extension System has been looking for stables in the state. There is limited space available for horses at the Houston County Farm Center in Dothan; at Fort Rucker; at Troy University's equestrian center in Troy; at Auburn University; at the W-H Kirkpatrick Pavilion in Autaugaville and at the Jon Archer Agricultural Center in Mobile. The state is also asking for help from Alabamians. Residents who have available stable space are being asked to call the Houston County Extension office.