Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Business & Education
Wed July 3, 2013
Alabama University Expands Programs in Brunswick
An Alabama university is expanding its programs in the coastal Georgia town of Brunswick.
The Brunswick News reports (http://bit.ly/1cQmyXq) that Troy University is expanding its satellite programs in the Georgia community with its School of Hospitality, Sport and Tourism Management.
School officials say that beginning this fall, students will be able to obtain a bachelor of science degree in the three areas of concentration - hospitality, sports or tourism management.
Lynn Chapman, area coordinator for the university, says that not all of the classes will be available at the Brunswick site, but courses offered online will augment the classes of full-time faculty in Brunswick.
Information from: The Brunswick News, http://www.thebrunswicknews.com