Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Fri July 18, 2014
Alabama Unemployment Unchanged At 6.8 Percent
Alabama's unemployment rate for June is unchanged at 6.8 percent.
Gov. Robert Bentley said Friday the seasonally adjusted rate represents nearly 145,000 people looking for work. June's rate is higher than the 6.5 percent recorded a year ago.
Counties with the lowest unemployment rates are Shelby at 5.0 percent, Baldwin and Cullman at 5.7 percent, and Lee and Cherokee at 5.9 percent.
The counties with the highest rates are Wilcox at 17.2 percent, Perry at 14.8 percent and Dallas at 14.3 percent.