Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Tuscaloosa Boxer Deontay Wilder wins Heavyweight title
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
Tue March 9, 2004
Alabama Troops Return From Iraq
By Alabama Public Radio
Fort Benning, GA – Family and friends of members in the Clayton-based 11-28th Transportation Company welcomed the soldiers back from duty in Iraq yesterday at Fort Benning, Georgia.
Despite being targeted in ambushes and roadside bombing, all 83 members of 11-28th made it safely home. Unit Commander Captain Mike Cruise says the unit performed three wartime missions, traveled thousands of miles and took part in at least 250 resupply operations.
More than 78-hundred Alabama Army and Air National Guard troops have been activated for Operations Noble Eagle, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.