Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Politics & Government
Thu June 13, 2013
Alabama Treasurer Young Boozer Seeking 2nd Term
Alabama State Treasurer Young Boozer is officially seeking a second term.
The Republican treasurer announced his plans Wednesday while in Tuscaloosa to address Girls State.
Boozer said that since being elected in 2010, he's led the effort to reach a successful settlement of the state's prepaid college tuition plan. He said he's also streamlined the state's unclaimed property process and worked with the Legislature to pass a law that saved money by consolidating treasury budgets. Boozer said he will seek a second term in the 2014 election because there is more work he wants to do.
Boozer was deputy state finance director in Gov. Bob Riley's administration before running for treasurer.
Business & Education