Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
George Lindsey Film Festival
Wed February 27, 2013
Alabama a Theme for 2013 Lindsey Film Festival
The George Lindsey Film Festival is beginning in Florence, but without its namesake.
The University of North Alabama's annual event starts Wednesday. It's the first time the festival has been held since the death last year of actor George Lindsey.
The festival includes several films that include the state of Alabama as a theme.
One of those movies is "Muscle Shoals," a documentary about the music industry in northwest Alabama. Another is "Eating Alabama," which looks at the state and its food.
There's also a student-produced movie called "Never Got a Dime" about Lilly Ledbetter, the former tire worker whose fight for equal pay led to a federal law.
The festival has been held annually since 1998, when it was started by North Alabama alumnus George Lindsey.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Alabama Music Hall of Fame
APR News Reports