Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Fri December 20, 2013
Alabama Still Interested In Boeing, Not Talking
Gov. Robert Bentley's office says Alabama is interested in seeing Boeing jetliners built in the state, but it isn't saying whether that might happen.
Boeing says it has started telling states whether they remain in the running to build its new 777X aircraft.
Bentley spokeswoman Jennifer Ardis said Friday the state remains in a non-disclosure agreement with Boeing, so officials can't comment on the project.
Boeing has gotten proposals from 22 states covering 54 locations that all want to build the plane. Boeing says it is narrowing the list down and is telling each location its status in the process.
Boeing isn't releasing the list publicly, but Huntsville officials say their area is being considered.
Boeing says it expects to pick a location early next year.