Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon November 8, 2004
Alabama Soldier Killed in Iraq
By Alabama Public Radio
Eufaula, AL – Another Alabama soldier has been killed in Iraq. Army Private Justin R- Yoemans of Eufaula died after a device exploded near his vehicle. It happened in Baghdad. Yoemans was 20 years old. Yoemans' stepfather, Mark Miller, says he had been in the Army less than a year and was deployed to Iraq in late August or early September. Miller also says Yoemans spoke with his grandmother by telephone shortly before he took his last patrol. Yoemans was assigned to the Fourth Battalion, Fifth Air Defense Artillery based at Fort Hood, Texas.