Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Wed April 7, 2004
Alabama Soldier Killed in Iraq
By Alabama Public Radio
Baghdad, Iraq – An Alabama soldier is among eight Americans who were killed in a weekend attack in Iraq. Stephen "Dusty" Hiller died in the Baghdad neighborhood of Sadr City on Sunday. The cause of death was not immediately released. Hiller graduated from Opelika High School in the mid-1990s. He was stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. He had been in Iraq for about a month. His relatives granted interviews to the newspaper Opelika-Auburn News. It reports Hiller's wife is expecting the couple's first child in August and learned of her husband's death Sunday. Funeral arrangements are pending.