Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed April 7, 2004
Alabama Soldier Killed in Iraq
By Alabama Public Radio
Baghdad, Iraq – An Alabama soldier is among eight Americans who were killed in a weekend attack in Iraq. Stephen "Dusty" Hiller died in the Baghdad neighborhood of Sadr City on Sunday. The cause of death was not immediately released. Hiller graduated from Opelika High School in the mid-1990s. He was stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. He had been in Iraq for about a month. His relatives granted interviews to the newspaper Opelika-Auburn News. It reports Hiller's wife is expecting the couple's first child in August and learned of her husband's death Sunday. Funeral arrangements are pending.