Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue February 17, 2004
Alabama Soldier Killed in Iraq
By Alabama Public Radio
Baghdad, Iraq – A south Alabama soldier was killed in an attack in Iraq Monday. Twenty-five year old Specialist Christopher Taylor of Daphne died when a rocket-propelled grenade struck his Humvee. The shrapnel from the blast killed him. Taylor was serving with the 11-65th Military Police Company of Fairhope. The attack happened about a quarter mile for the company's compound in Baghdad. Taylor is the fifth soldier from southwest Alabama to be killed in Iraq and the second from Daphne. Another Alabamian was injured in that attack. Private first class Brandon Powell of Fairhope received minor shrapnel wounds to the face.