Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Tue September 10, 2013
Alabama Senator Opposed To Syria Resolution
U.S. Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama says he's opposed to a resolution for the use of American military force in Syria.
The senator announced his position Tuesday after attending a Senate Republican Conference lunch with President Barack Obama.
Shelby says the president failed to articulate a compelling American interest in Syria's civil war. He also says the president failed to explain what he intends to achieve, or how he intends to achieve it.
Shelby said "I will vote against President Obama's plan because it appears that he does not really have one."
A spokesman for Alabama's other senator, Republican Jeff Sessions, said he is undecided.