Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Civil Rights Trail App
Mon April 15, 2013
Alabama Releases Civil Rights Tourism App
The Alabama Tourism Department has introduced its first app for smart phones.
State Tourism Director Lee Sentell said the app is for the Alabama Civil Rights Trail. He said it provides a convenient way for visitors to explore the people, places and events surrounding the fight for equal rights. The app includes sites in several cities, including Birmingham, Montgomery, Selma and Tuskegee. It also includes an interactive timeline and a calendar of events happening in Alabama this year.
The Tourism Department said the app can be downloaded for free by visiting the App Store for iPhone users or Google Play for the Android market.