Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Civil Rights Trail App
Mon April 15, 2013
Alabama Releases Civil Rights Tourism App
The Alabama Tourism Department has introduced its first app for smart phones.
State Tourism Director Lee Sentell said the app is for the Alabama Civil Rights Trail. He said it provides a convenient way for visitors to explore the people, places and events surrounding the fight for equal rights. The app includes sites in several cities, including Birmingham, Montgomery, Selma and Tuskegee. It also includes an interactive timeline and a calendar of events happening in Alabama this year.
The Tourism Department said the app can be downloaded for free by visiting the App Store for iPhone users or Google Play for the Android market.