Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Wed December 8, 2004
Alabama Ready for Expnded TVA Board
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, DC – Some members of Alabama's congressional delegation say they're ready for an expanded Tennessee Valley Authority board. The board will expand to nine part-time members from the current three full-time members. Alabama has never had someone from the state on the board, and U-S Senator Jeff Sessions says he'll be pushing to nominate two Alabamians. U-S Senator Richard Shelby supports that and says he may request even more Alabama representation. Alabama contains the T-V-A's second-largest customer base.