Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Alabama Public TV
Wed December 19, 2012
Alabama Public TV Raises Money With Fired CEO's Letter
Alabama Public Television is using a form letter signed by its fired executive director in a fundraising campaign.
The statewide network recently sent a letter to past donors bearing the name of Allan Pizzato. Commissioners fired Pizzato in June, a decision that preceded a wave of resignations by other leaders of Alabama Public TV.
Network spokesman Mike McKenzie says a mistake by a direct-mail company resulted in the letters going to about 1,000 households.
But a lawyer for Pizzato doesn't believe the letter is an accident. Mark White says this is the second time the network has used a fundraising letter signed by Pizzato since firing him.
Pizzato was at Alabama Public Television for more than a decade before commissioners fired him and another top executive.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
APT COO Resigns