Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Alabama Public TV
Wed December 19, 2012
Alabama Public TV Raises Money With Fired CEO's Letter
Alabama Public Television is using a form letter signed by its fired executive director in a fundraising campaign.
The statewide network recently sent a letter to past donors bearing the name of Allan Pizzato. Commissioners fired Pizzato in June, a decision that preceded a wave of resignations by other leaders of Alabama Public TV.
Network spokesman Mike McKenzie says a mistake by a direct-mail company resulted in the letters going to about 1,000 households.
But a lawyer for Pizzato doesn't believe the letter is an accident. Mark White says this is the second time the network has used a fundraising letter signed by Pizzato since firing him.
Pizzato was at Alabama Public Television for more than a decade before commissioners fired him and another top executive.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
APT COO Resigns