Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Alabama Public TV
Wed December 19, 2012
Alabama Public TV Raises Money With Fired CEO's Letter
Alabama Public Television is using a form letter signed by its fired executive director in a fundraising campaign.
The statewide network recently sent a letter to past donors bearing the name of Allan Pizzato. Commissioners fired Pizzato in June, a decision that preceded a wave of resignations by other leaders of Alabama Public TV.
Network spokesman Mike McKenzie says a mistake by a direct-mail company resulted in the letters going to about 1,000 households.
But a lawyer for Pizzato doesn't believe the letter is an accident. Mark White says this is the second time the network has used a fundraising letter signed by Pizzato since firing him.
Pizzato was at Alabama Public Television for more than a decade before commissioners fired him and another top executive.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
APT COO Resigns