Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
APT COO Resigns
Wed August 1, 2012
Alabama Public TV COO Charles Grantham Resigns
The chief operating officer for Alabama Public Television has resigned after two other top network executives were fired seven weeks ago. The 62-year-old Grantham says his resignation is expected to take effect at the end of August. Grantham says his resignation is in response to the June 12 firings of executive director Allan Pizzato, and deputy director and chief financial officer Pauline Howland. The Alabama Educational Television Commission, which runs APT, fired Pizzato and Howland because they said it wanted to change leadership. Grantham sent an open letter to Gov. Robert Bentley on July 19, criticizing the firings and saying the morale at APT was low. Grantham has worked for APT since 1978, and has been the COO since 2006 Copyright 2012 The Associated Press
Politics & Government