Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Business & Education
Fri June 6, 2014
Alabama Power CEO to Head Development Group
The head of Alabama Power Co. is the new chairman of the Economic Development Partnership of Alabama.
Utility president and CEO Mark Crosswhite will chair the board of directors of the private partnership of companies.
About 90 businesses fund the organization, which Crosswhite says tries to be a catalyst for economic growth in the state.
Crosswhite is a native of Decatur who took over at Alabama Power in March.
The Economic Development Partnership was formed in 1991.