Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Business & Education
Fri June 6, 2014
Alabama Power CEO to Head Development Group
The head of Alabama Power Co. is the new chairman of the Economic Development Partnership of Alabama.
Utility president and CEO Mark Crosswhite will chair the board of directors of the private partnership of companies.
About 90 businesses fund the organization, which Crosswhite says tries to be a catalyst for economic growth in the state.
Crosswhite is a native of Decatur who took over at Alabama Power in March.
The Economic Development Partnership was formed in 1991.