Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Business & Education
Fri June 6, 2014
Alabama Power CEO to Head Development Group
The head of Alabama Power Co. is the new chairman of the Economic Development Partnership of Alabama.
Utility president and CEO Mark Crosswhite will chair the board of directors of the private partnership of companies.
About 90 businesses fund the organization, which Crosswhite says tries to be a catalyst for economic growth in the state.
Crosswhite is a native of Decatur who took over at Alabama Power in March.
The Economic Development Partnership was formed in 1991.