Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri February 4, 2005
Alabama Plant at Center of Tire Recall
By Alabama Public Radio
Opelika, AL – A tire plant in Alabama is at the center of a nationwide recall. B-F Goodrich is recalling 20-thousand of its Land Terrain tires. They were sold in the United States and Canada, but they don't have the required tread wear indicators on them. The tires were produced at the company's plant in Opelika between February 29th and August 19th of last year. Consumers who bought the tires will receive notices through the mail, and B-F Goodrich says the company will replace them for free. The company also says consumers who believe they purchased the recalled tires can return to where they bought them for a free inspection.