Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Arts & Life
Mon December 10, 2012
Alabama Participating in Wreaths Across America
Alabama is participating with other states in the Wreaths Across America program to honor veterans and their families.
Gov. Robert Bentley will join other state officials along with veterans and their families for a wreath-laying ceremony at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the state Capitol auditorium.
Officials in other states and in Washington will hold ceremonies at the same time Monday. The state Department of Veterans Affairs says the ceremonies promote a week-long celebration of veterans and their families.
Then on Dec. 15, groups will place wreaths on more than 1,700 graves at the Alabama National Cemetery in Montevallo.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.