Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Arts & Life
Fri October 18, 2013
Alabama Music Hall of Fame to re-open
TUSCUMBIA, Ala. (AP) - The Alabama Music Hall of Fame in Tuscumbia reopens Friday after being closed due to financial problems. Officials say the ribbon cutting at 10 a.m. will include legendary music producer Rick Hall and members of the Muscle Shoals Sound rhythm section, who were known as the Swampers. Gov. Robert Bentley appointed three new board members for the hall of fame during the summer and the board set a goal of getting the tourist attraction reopened. Bentley said Thursday that he's glad the hall can again share Alabama's musical heritage with people. The hall originally opened in 1990. It closed in late 2012 due to financial problems, including reduced state funding.