Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Thu June 27, 2013
Alabama Lt. Gov. Kay Ivey Seeking Re-Election
Republican Lt. Gov. Kay Ivey has kicked off her campaign for a second term.
Ivey said that since she became presiding officer of the state Senate the Legislature has downsized government, passed balanced budgets, and sustained essential state services.
Ivey made the announcement Thursday in Montgomery, surrounded by Republican members of the Senate and other GOP officeholders.
So far, she has no announced opposition.
Ivey served as state treasurer prior to defeating Democratic incumbent Jim Folsom Jr. to win the lieutenant governor's office in 2010.