Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Thu June 27, 2013
Alabama Lt. Gov. Kay Ivey Seeking Re-Election
Republican Lt. Gov. Kay Ivey has kicked off her campaign for a second term.
Ivey said that since she became presiding officer of the state Senate the Legislature has downsized government, passed balanced budgets, and sustained essential state services.
Ivey made the announcement Thursday in Montgomery, surrounded by Republican members of the Senate and other GOP officeholders.
So far, she has no announced opposition.
Ivey served as state treasurer prior to defeating Democratic incumbent Jim Folsom Jr. to win the lieutenant governor's office in 2010.