Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Wed December 4, 2013
Alabama Looking To Attract Boeing Assembly Plant
Governor Robert Bentley says Alabama will be among the states submitting a proposal next week to land the assembly plant for Boeing's new 777X aircraft.
Bentley says he will meet Thursday with the state's chief industrial recruiter, Greg Canfield, to work on the proposal.
Bentley and other officials met with Boeing executives two weeks ago to try to get the company to develop the plant in the Huntsville area.
Bentley says Boeing has had operations in Huntsville for more than 50 years, and already owns a large tract of land at the Huntsville airport.
Bentley declined to make any comparisons between what the state may offer Boeing and the incentive package that was used to land an Airbus assembly plant in Mobile.