Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
2013 Legislative Session
Tue February 5, 2013
Alabama Legislators to Get Financial Forecasts
Alabama legislators will get an overview of the state's financial situation before they begin their 2013 legislative session at noon.
The director of the Legislative Fiscal Office, Norris Green, and the state finance director, Marquita Davis, are scheduled to address legislators at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday in the Capitol. The financial overview is the traditional kickoff for each year's session.
Legislative budget committee chairmen says revenue for the state General Fund budget looks flat for the next fiscal year, but prospects for the education budget are picking up.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.