Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
2013 Legislative Session
Tue February 5, 2013
Alabama Legislators to Get Financial Forecasts
Alabama legislators will get an overview of the state's financial situation before they begin their 2013 legislative session at noon.
The director of the Legislative Fiscal Office, Norris Green, and the state finance director, Marquita Davis, are scheduled to address legislators at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday in the Capitol. The financial overview is the traditional kickoff for each year's session.
Legislative budget committee chairmen says revenue for the state General Fund budget looks flat for the next fiscal year, but prospects for the education budget are picking up.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.