Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Business & Education
Fri December 7, 2012
Alabama Lands its 1st Airbus Supplier
Alabama has landed its first Airbus supplier.
A subsidiary of Labinal, Safran Engineering Services, announced Thursday that it will operate an engineering supporting facility in Mobile that will hire 30 to 50 people. Labinal is part of the French aerospace company Safran Group.
Gov. Robert Bentley said he met with Labinal officials during a visit to the Farnborough International Air Show in England earlier this year and encouraged the company to locate in Alabama.
The announcement is the result of Airbus planning a $600 million aircraft assembly plant in Mobile.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.