Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Business & Education
Fri December 7, 2012
Alabama Lands its 1st Airbus Supplier
Alabama has landed its first Airbus supplier.
A subsidiary of Labinal, Safran Engineering Services, announced Thursday that it will operate an engineering supporting facility in Mobile that will hire 30 to 50 people. Labinal is part of the French aerospace company Safran Group.
Gov. Robert Bentley said he met with Labinal officials during a visit to the Farnborough International Air Show in England earlier this year and encouraged the company to locate in Alabama.
The announcement is the result of Airbus planning a $600 million aircraft assembly plant in Mobile.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.