Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri March 18, 2005
Alabama Judge, Court Reporter Threatened
By Alabama Public Radio
Decatur, AL – A Morgan County judge, his court reporter and an attorney received a threat just days after a judge, court reporter and sheriff's deputy were killed in Atlanta. It happened Tuesday, and security has been tight at the Morgan County Courthouse since then. Security coordinator Ed Sims said two armed officers were placed at the first and second floor entrances to the courthouse on Wednesday. Sims said a Decatur police detective notified Circuit Judge Glenn Thompson of a call that was made to the Department of Human Resources. Thompson said the threat stems from a domestic case and the threat was made by a person being forced to pay child support for his children.