Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Politics & Government
Tue March 26, 2013
Alabama House Special Election in 3 Counties
The former director of the Cullman County Commission on Aging, Randall Shedd, and former Cullman County school board member Danny Alldredge are facing off in the Republican runoff for Alabama House District 11.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Tuesday in parts of Cullman, Blount and Morgan counties.
Shedd led the primary election Feb. 13, and Alldredge finished second in the field of four candidates.
The runoff winner will meet Democrat Kelly Evans in the general election May 7.
Gov. Robert Bentley scheduled the special election to fill a vacancy created when he appointed the incumbent, Republican Jeremy Oden, to the state Public Service Commission.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.