Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Politics & Government
Tue March 26, 2013
Alabama House Special Election in 3 Counties
The former director of the Cullman County Commission on Aging, Randall Shedd, and former Cullman County school board member Danny Alldredge are facing off in the Republican runoff for Alabama House District 11.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Tuesday in parts of Cullman, Blount and Morgan counties.
Shedd led the primary election Feb. 13, and Alldredge finished second in the field of four candidates.
The runoff winner will meet Democrat Kelly Evans in the general election May 7.
Gov. Robert Bentley scheduled the special election to fill a vacancy created when he appointed the incumbent, Republican Jeremy Oden, to the state Public Service Commission.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.