Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Thu December 5, 2013
Alabama House GOP Sets 2014 Agenda
House Speaker Mike Hubbard says the agenda for the House Republican Caucus in 2014 will continue the GOP's record of changing the status quo, and it will include several measures affecting taxpayers.
The House Republican Caucus unveiled what it is calling its "Common Sense Conservative" agenda Thursday.
It includes a bill to raise the threshold where small businesses have to make monthly estimated state income tax payments from $1,000 to $2,500. That could affect 6,000 business owners. Another bill would make filing state business taxes easier by creating on online tax filing system for all taxes.
Other bills in the package include a tax credit to encourage adoptions and a ban on former legislators lobbying the Legislature for two years after leaving office.
The Legislature convenes Jan. 14.