Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Thu December 5, 2013
Alabama House GOP Sets 2014 Agenda
House Speaker Mike Hubbard says the agenda for the House Republican Caucus in 2014 will continue the GOP's record of changing the status quo, and it will include several measures affecting taxpayers.
The House Republican Caucus unveiled what it is calling its "Common Sense Conservative" agenda Thursday.
It includes a bill to raise the threshold where small businesses have to make monthly estimated state income tax payments from $1,000 to $2,500. That could affect 6,000 business owners. Another bill would make filing state business taxes easier by creating on online tax filing system for all taxes.
Other bills in the package include a tax credit to encourage adoptions and a ban on former legislators lobbying the Legislature for two years after leaving office.
The Legislature convenes Jan. 14.