Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Politics & Government
Wed February 13, 2013
Alabama Homeowners Insurance Report Coming Out
The governor is preparing to release a report by a commission he created to study the availability and rising cost of homeowners insurance.
Gov. Robert Bentley directed the Affordable Homeowners Insurance Commission to address insurance issues caused by hurricanes along the coast and the massive tornado outbreak that hit the state in April 2011. A spokesman for the governor says he will release the report at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
The commission's report does not having the backing of one member. A representative from a homeowners group in coastal counties said the commission's work is not done because it did not provide solutions.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.