Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Politics & Government
Wed February 13, 2013
Alabama Homeowners Insurance Report Coming Out
The governor is preparing to release a report by a commission he created to study the availability and rising cost of homeowners insurance.
Gov. Robert Bentley directed the Affordable Homeowners Insurance Commission to address insurance issues caused by hurricanes along the coast and the massive tornado outbreak that hit the state in April 2011. A spokesman for the governor says he will release the report at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
The commission's report does not having the backing of one member. A representative from a homeowners group in coastal counties said the commission's work is not done because it did not provide solutions.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.