Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Arts & Life
Sun April 20, 2014
Alabama Gymnasts fall to 4th
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Oklahoma and Florida are co-champions in NCAA women's gymnastics. The defending champion Gators and first-time winners Oklahoma shared the title with scores of 198.175 in the Super Six on Saturday night. It's the first time the sport has had co-champions. There is no tiebreaker. That left both teams celebrating on the podium. Florida finished with a pair of 9.95s on the floor exercise and Oklahoma also had two on the vault. LSU finished third at 197.60 followed by Alabama, which held a slight lead before having to count a fall on the balance beam on the final rotation. The Gators captured their first title last season. Oklahoma had finished in the top three three of the past four years, including a pair of runner-up finishes.