Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu October 9, 2003
Alabama Guardsmen Injured in Blast
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – An explosion injured four Alabama National Guardsmen in Iraq this week. A hand grenade exploded in southern Baghdad as the Guardsmen were trying to disperse a crowd. Sergeant Douglas Robinson of Shorter and Specialist Donald Grant of Georgia are assigned to the 214th Military Police Company in Alexander City and Tuskegee. Sergeant Larry W- Gill of Semmes and staff Sergeant Richard Barnes of Mississippi are assigned to the 11-65th Military Company in Fairhope and Brewton. Military officials have not disclosed the extent of their injuries.