Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Politics & Government
Tue July 16, 2013
Alabama Governor to Visit Geneva in Economic Tour
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will take his road to economic recovery tour back on the highway to visit Geneva in southeast Alabama.
The governor's office said Monday that Bentley on Tuesday will visit Geneva as part of his tour of towns across the state to highlight what is being done to create jobs in Alabama. At 10 a.m. the governor will meet with visitors and officials at Geneva City Hall. At about 11:45 a.m. Bentley is scheduled to be at the Hot Rod Diner and at Reliable Products at about 1:50 p.m. The governor will wind up his tour at approximately 3 p.m. at the Geneva County Courthouse.
During the economic recovery visits, Bentley discusses economic issues and efforts to locate new jobs in Alabama.