Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Politics & Government
Fri June 14, 2013
Alabama Governor Headed to Paris Air Show
Gov. Robert Bentley is headed to the Paris Air Show after he helps kick off peach season in Chilton County.
Bentley will join state and local leaders at the Durbin Farms Market in Clanton at 11 a.m. Friday. Spokesman Jeremy King says the governor will leave later in the day for Paris on an industry-recruiting trip. King says the governor will be building relationships with companies and trying to get jobs for Alabama. One focus will be recruiting suppliers for the Airbus aircraft assembly plant scheduled for construction in Mobile.
King said the governor is due to return to Alabama on Wednesday.