Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Politics & Government
Fri June 14, 2013
Alabama Governor Headed to Paris Air Show
Gov. Robert Bentley is headed to the Paris Air Show after he helps kick off peach season in Chilton County.
Bentley will join state and local leaders at the Durbin Farms Market in Clanton at 11 a.m. Friday. Spokesman Jeremy King says the governor will leave later in the day for Paris on an industry-recruiting trip. King says the governor will be building relationships with companies and trying to get jobs for Alabama. One focus will be recruiting suppliers for the Airbus aircraft assembly plant scheduled for construction in Mobile.
King said the governor is due to return to Alabama on Wednesday.