Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue December 23, 2003
Alabama Fire Marshal Will Retire
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – State Fire Marshal John Robison will retire at the end of the year. Robison has worked in the state fire marshal's office for more than 31 years and has served as fire marshal 15 years. He has served under five governors during his term as fire marshal, and he says the highlight of his tenure is the increased resources for fire safety. The number of deputy fire marshals throughout the state grew from six to 24 under his watch. Robison is a former president of the International Fire Marshals Association and was co-director of fire prevention at Park City, Utah, for the Winter Olympics.