Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
The Economy Project
Fri September 18, 2009
Is Alabama an Example of What's Wrong with Health Insurance?
By Alisa Beckwith-Ayllitath, Ryan Vasquez, Brandon Hollingsworth - APR News
Tuscaloosa, AL – In his address to Congress last week. President Obama singled out Alabama as a state where health insurance reform is needed. It was the only state he mentioned by name. Is Alabama the poster child of health insurance market problems? This week, APR News tries to find out. Alisa Beckwith-Aylliath has the story.
Disclosure note: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama is an Alabama Public Radio programming underwriter.