Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
The Economy Project
Fri September 18, 2009
Is Alabama an Example of What's Wrong with Health Insurance?
By Alisa Beckwith-Ayllitath, Ryan Vasquez, Brandon Hollingsworth - APR News
Tuscaloosa, AL – In his address to Congress last week. President Obama singled out Alabama as a state where health insurance reform is needed. It was the only state he mentioned by name. Is Alabama the poster child of health insurance market problems? This week, APR News tries to find out. Alisa Beckwith-Aylliath has the story.
Disclosure note: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama is an Alabama Public Radio programming underwriter.