Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
The Economy Project
Fri September 18, 2009
Is Alabama an Example of What's Wrong with Health Insurance?
By Alisa Beckwith-Ayllitath, Ryan Vasquez, Brandon Hollingsworth - APR News
Tuscaloosa, AL – In his address to Congress last week. President Obama singled out Alabama as a state where health insurance reform is needed. It was the only state he mentioned by name. Is Alabama the poster child of health insurance market problems? This week, APR News tries to find out. Alisa Beckwith-Aylliath has the story.
Disclosure note: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama is an Alabama Public Radio programming underwriter.