Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Driver License Closure
Mon April 21, 2014
Alabama Driver Licenses Offline In Late April
Alabamians won't be able to get or renew driver licenses for a few days in late April.
The Alabama Department of Public Safety says it has to convert a database to comply with federal regulations. All systems, including online services, will be shut down from 5 p.m. Friday, April 25 until 8 a.m. Wednesday, April 30.
The closure will also affect probate judges' offices, license commissioners' offices and other agencies that involve Alabama driver license transactions or reviews. Motor vehicle records and accident reports will also be offline.
The department says the time period was selected because state offices are scheduled to be closed Monday, April 28 due to a state holiday for Confederate Memorial Day.