Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Selma Auto Workers Lawsuit, Strange Wants Lethal Injection Drug, Mobile Bay Earth Day
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
Driver License Closure
Mon April 21, 2014
Alabama Driver Licenses Offline In Late April
Alabamians won't be able to get or renew driver licenses for a few days in late April.
The Alabama Department of Public Safety says it has to convert a database to comply with federal regulations. All systems, including online services, will be shut down from 5 p.m. Friday, April 25 until 8 a.m. Wednesday, April 30.
The closure will also affect probate judges' offices, license commissioners' offices and other agencies that involve Alabama driver license transactions or reviews. Motor vehicle records and accident reports will also be offline.
The department says the time period was selected because state offices are scheduled to be closed Monday, April 28 due to a state holiday for Confederate Memorial Day.