Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Arts & Life
Sun September 22, 2013
Alabama dentists form oral health "think tank"
ANNISTON, Ala. (AP) — A nonprofit dental chain based in Alabama is working with another organization to form a think tank for improving oral care. The Anniston-based Sarrell Dental Center is teaming up with DentaQuest Care Group of Massachusetts on the project. The Anniston Star reports the organizations will share ideas on how to provide and improve oral care for more Americans. Sarrell Dental is a nonprofit organization with 15 clinics across the state. DentaQuest works to provide better oral health to low-income Americans, including those in Alabama. Through the affiliation, Sarrell chief executive Jeff Parker will also be CEO of DentaQuest's health care delivery. Sarrell is the main provider in Alabama of dental care for low-income children on Medicaid. Sarrell treated about 130,000 patients last year, all through Medicaid reimbursements.