Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri July 30, 2004
Alabama Delegates Praise Kerry Speech
By Alabama Public Radio
Boston, MA – Alabama delegates to the Democratic National Convention praised John Kerry's speech Thursday night as passionate, and they say it sets the campaign agenda. U.S. Representative Artur Davis said Kerry gave the American people a sense of why he's passionate about being president for the first time Thursday night. And former Governor Jim Folsom said Kerry spelled out the Democratic agenda perfectly. Delegation Vice Chairman Joe Reed and Alabama Democratic Party Chairman Redding Pitt also praised Kerry, saying the speech will appeal to all Alabamians. About 300 people watched the speech in Birmingham at the state Kerry headquarters. No Democratic nominee has won Alabama since Jimmy Carter did in 1976. President Bush won the state by 16 percentage points four years ago.