Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Mon November 17, 2003
Alabama-Cuba Conference Begins in Tuscaloosa
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – The Alabama-Cuba Conference begins today at the Bryant Conference Center in Tuscaloosa.
The event is being hosted by the University of Alabama as a way to promote academic initiatives between Alabama and the Communist nation. The conference gets started today with a reception at the President's Mansion. Tonight at 6 there will be a presentation titled "Baseball: The Historic US-Cuba Connection. Tonight also marks the beginning of a Cuban film festival. The first film begins at seven.
The Alabama-Cuba Conference concludes on Thursday will panel discussions on health care, religion and environmental engineering in Cuba. Those forums begin are 9 o-clock. U of A students, staff and faculty get free admission to the conference. Admission for others is 25-dollars.
For more info go to www.cuba.ua.edu