Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Wed July 2, 2014
Alabama Congresswoman Seeks VA Records
An Alabama congresswoman is seeking extensive records from the Veterans Administration about the health care of veterans in central Alabama.
Republican Rep. Martha Roby of Montgomery said Wednesday that she wrote to the acting secretary of veterans affairs seeking records of the Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System. Roby says she wants the records because of complaints she has received and because of government investigations that have revealed problems with long waits and medical records altered.
Roby's request includes records of employee terminations, employee bonuses, physician lists, medical treatment data, and financial statements.
Roby is a member of the House appropriations subcommittee involved with veterans' issues.