Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Alabama Governor Robert Bentley releases statement on gay marriage ruling
Wed July 2, 2014
Alabama Congresswoman Seeks VA Records
An Alabama congresswoman is seeking extensive records from the Veterans Administration about the health care of veterans in central Alabama.
Republican Rep. Martha Roby of Montgomery said Wednesday that she wrote to the acting secretary of veterans affairs seeking records of the Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System. Roby says she wants the records because of complaints she has received and because of government investigations that have revealed problems with long waits and medical records altered.
Roby's request includes records of employee terminations, employee bonuses, physician lists, medical treatment data, and financial statements.
Roby is a member of the House appropriations subcommittee involved with veterans' issues.