Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Arts & Life
Wed June 26, 2013
Alabama Cities Prepare Fourth of July Events
More than 25 Fourth of July celebrations and fireworks shows are planned across Alabama.
The Alabama Tourism Department says the events include the Spirit of America at Point Mallard in Decatur, the Thunder on the Mountain fireworks show at Vulcan in Birmingham, and Independence Day 1776 at the American Village in Montevallo.
Fireworks shows will stretch from Gulf Shores on the coast to Athens in the Tennessee Valley and from Demopolis in west Alabama to Auburn in east Alabama.
The Baldwin Pops Band will play patriotic music before a fireworks show in Fairhope. Cullman has a full day of entertainment and arts leading up to fireworks at Smith Lake Park. Dothan will be doing the same thing at Center Stage. Wedowee will have boats decorated with patriotic themes.