Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Thu September 27, 2012
Alabama Cities Offering Ghostly Tours in October
Several Alabama cities are planning ghostly events during the month of October.
The state Tourism Department says Athens will hold its annual Historic Haunts Walk each Tuesday night in October. Demopolis has its Tombigbee Haints and Haunts tours on Oct. 26-27. Florence is planning its 10th annual Haunted History at the Shoals Ghost Walk nightly from Oct. 19-31. Huntsville will conduct ghost walking tours on Friday and Saturday nights in October and the Maple Hill Cemetery Stroll on Oct. 14.
Montgomery has tours in a haunted hearse all month. Mobile is offering ghostly trolley tours of historic districts at 7 p.m. each night, and Selma is scheduling its Haunted History Tours Oct. 19-20.
Alabama's first territorial capital, Old St. Stephens, is offering ghost stories during tours each Saturday in October.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press