Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Business & Education
Fri May 16, 2014
Alabama Brewery Back Forty Expanding
An Alabama-based brewery is expanding its operations into a new state.
Back Forty Beer Co. will spend about $500,000 this year to double its brewing capacity and begin canning operations at its facility in Gadsden.
The Gadsden Times reports the company will soon begin expanding in to Tennessee. It's already distributed in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia and Florida.
Back Forty Beer was honored Wednesday as the state's Small Manufacturer of the Year.
Chief executive Jason Wilson says the expansion will likely begin in the fourth quarter and will increase brewing capacity to about 20,000 barrels a month.
Alabama's craft brewing industry has grown rapidly in recent years since lawmakers loosened state restrictions.
What's Brewing in Alabama?
What's Brewing in Alabama? Pt.2
What's Brewing in Alabama? Pt.3