Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri March 15, 2013
Alabama Breaks Ground For Beach Interchange
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley joined Baldwin County officials to break ground for an interchange that will tie Interstate 10 with the Foley Beach Express.
Bentley told the audience at the groundbreaking ceremony Friday that the interchange will bring more people to the coastal county and help with evacuations during hurricanes. Former Gov. Fob James, who lives in Baldwin County, also participated.
The $10.6 million interchange is the final of four projects linking the interchange to the beach.
The new interchange is expected to open in the fall of 2014. It will be exit 49 on I-10 to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. Work begins on the interchange next week.
Baldwin County Interchange