Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Fri March 15, 2013
Alabama Breaks Ground For Beach Interchange
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley joined Baldwin County officials to break ground for an interchange that will tie Interstate 10 with the Foley Beach Express.
Bentley told the audience at the groundbreaking ceremony Friday that the interchange will bring more people to the coastal county and help with evacuations during hurricanes. Former Gov. Fob James, who lives in Baldwin County, also participated.
The $10.6 million interchange is the final of four projects linking the interchange to the beach.
The new interchange is expected to open in the fall of 2014. It will be exit 49 on I-10 to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. Work begins on the interchange next week.
Baldwin County Interchange