Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Fri March 15, 2013
Alabama Breaks Ground For Beach Interchange
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley joined Baldwin County officials to break ground for an interchange that will tie Interstate 10 with the Foley Beach Express.
Bentley told the audience at the groundbreaking ceremony Friday that the interchange will bring more people to the coastal county and help with evacuations during hurricanes. Former Gov. Fob James, who lives in Baldwin County, also participated.
The $10.6 million interchange is the final of four projects linking the interchange to the beach.
The new interchange is expected to open in the fall of 2014. It will be exit 49 on I-10 to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. Work begins on the interchange next week.
Baldwin County Interchange